WHAT IS COUNSELLING?
- is based on listening, not advice giving, within a caring, accepting relationship
- is talking with a trained counsellor to help relieve and free a difficult situation
- can enable personal growth and decision making
WHO CAN COME TO US?
Anyone – 18 years and over
The service is for the whole community regardless of race, income, religion, gender, sexuality or type of problem.
Our counsellors volunteer their time so we are able to offer counselling regardless of your ability to pay a full rate. However a donation for each counselling session indicates the commitment to the counselling process.
We have ground floor counselling rooms and a ground floor toilet.
Please note that there is a small step at the entrance of the building.
If you have reduced mobility, please mention this when booking your initial appointment and we will do our best to meet your needs
14 St Clement Street is not accessible for wheelchairs.
We may be able to arrange the use of an accessible room where necessary.
HOW LONG WILL COUNSELLING TAKE?
You can continue counselling until you feel that you are ready to finish, up to a limit of one year.
WHO ARE OUR COUNSELLORS?
- have completed training to academic level 5 or above, or are in the finishing stages of this level of training
- are selected by interview and by reference from tutors as counsellors who are prepared and competent to work with clients
- work under regular professional supervision
- agree with the Christian ethos of The Olive Branch and many are practising Christians from the churches in and around Winchester
- abide by the Codes of Ethics and Practice of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and the Association of Christian Counsellors
- will not impose their faith on anyone who comes to them
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Phone 01962 842858 to arrange an initial meeting.
This will be an opportunity for you to say what you want from counselling and to see whether The Olive Branch is the right place and we can offer you a service.
You will then be on the waiting list and a Counsellor will contact you to arrange a regular weekly counselling time.
Confidentiality is strictly maintained.