To make an enquiry, please contact one of our clinical team on 01962 842858 at the following times:
Mondays – 10:00am – 12:00pm
Tuesdays – 5:00pm – 7.00pm
Thursdays – 2:30pm – 4:30pm
We will be happy to answer any questions you have about our service, and how we might be able to help you.
The Olive Branch Counselling Service has been in operation since 1997, offering talking therapies to the people of Winchester and the surrounding area. Our values are firmly planted in respecting the individual and offering honesty, kindness and dignity to anyone with whom we work. We do not discriminate in any way against people of differing creeds, backgrounds or ability. We are now looking to expand our service to reach a wider number of people both in and around the Winchester area.
Mental Health has been in the media spotlight for the past few years and, as a result, the demand for counselling has risen greatly. To keep on top of the rising demand we intend to face these challenges head-on. We will continue to provide the very best service for our clients, whilst committing to our plan to thrive and grow.
We are of the only agency in the area to offer long term therapy, which we firmly believe allows clients to address their issues, to instigate change, and to embed their renewed wellbeing so that it can be maintained for the future.
(Director and Trustee, Sanga Burrough)
Who are we?
- We are a Winchester based voluntary organisation, founded over 20 years ago to offer accessible, professional counselling to those in need
- We provide long-term therapy to those who need it, as well as short-term counselling to anyone who wants to discuss any personal issue in confidence
- Our volunteers help clients address many mental health issues, such as anxiety, depression, stress, bereavement
- We also work with clients who are coping with more complex multi-layered situations such as drug and alcohol abuse, suicide ideation, family or relationship breakdown
- We work in partnership with GPs, medical professionals and the community
What do we do,
and how do we do it?
- We provide each client with an appropriately qualified counsellor to help them address their issues
- We listen – giving clients space and time for reflection in a confidential setting
- We act as allies not authority
- We aim to provide clients with a reliable and stable base from which to address their issues, and from which to grow
- We help develop counsellors’ competence and qualifications through practice, continued professional development, and regular supervision