WHAT IS COUNSELLING?
- is based on listening, not advice giving, within a caring, accepting relationship
- is talking with a trained counsellor to help relieve and free a difficult situation
- can enable personal growth and decision making
WHO CAN COME TO US?
Anyone – 18 years and over
The service is for the whole community regardless of race, income, religion, gender, sexuality or type of problem.
Our counsellors volunteer their time so we are able to offer counselling regardless of your ability to pay a full rate. However a donation for each counselling session indicates the commitment to the counselling process.
We have ground floor counselling rooms and a ground floor toilet.
Please note that there is a small step at the entrance of the building.
If you have reduced mobility, please mention this when booking your initial appointment and we will do our best to meet your needs.
WHO ARE OUR COUNSELLORS?
- are professionally trained and selected volunteers
- agree with the Christian ethos of The olive Branch and many are practising Christians from the churches in and around Winchester
- abide by the Codes of Ethics and Practice of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and the Association of Christian Counsellors
- work under regular supervision
- will not impose their faith on anyone who comes to them
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Phone 01962 842858 to arrange an initial meeting.
This will be an opportunity for you to say what you want from counselling and to see whether The Olive Branch is the right place and we can offer you a service.
You will then be on the waiting list and a Counsellor will contact you to arrange a regular weekly counselling time.
Confidentiality is strictly maintained.